tabs

Friday 15 June 2012

*Grace Domestica* at Sheroes 10


Made this Grace Jones inspired mask digitally for Sheroes 10. I enjoyed this process and the fact that other people enjoyed her too!


I really enjoyed also that I could intimate what I considered to be the fierceness of Grace Jones, which I never considered remotely domesticated, through my usual process of fabric and floral play which is considered to be very domestic.


Sheroes 11 is fast approaching and though I'm superbly late, I'm looking forward to conjuring up some Dusty Springfield :]


Keep good, 


---
About Sheroes:
Sheroes is a monthly limited-run art party series bringing together on and offline works that playfully and performatively explore the iconography and cultures of fandom surrounding an ever-expanding "League of Legendary Ladies": Joni Mitchell,Chaka KhanTina TurnerMadonnaYoko OnoErykah BaduEtta JamesMarianne FaithfullDolly PartonGrace JonesDusty Springfield & more.

Sheroes is presented by salonnière reeraw (Rea McNamara). Based in Toronto, the series curates specially commissioned performancessoundsinstallations &visuals.





Self Portrait in Grace Domestica

Tony Halmos wearing Grace Domestica. Photo courtesy Tony Halmos.



Frank Griggs & Porcelaine Desire in Brianna McCarthy’s “Grace Domestica” mas installation for Sheroes #10: Grace Jones
photo courtesy Rea McNamara 









No comments: