tabs

Saturday 11 December 2010

Too Much Sometimes

Memory is a complicated thing, a relative to truth but not its twin. --Animal Dreams, Barbara Kingsolver

As For Me1



As For me Detail



This is for girls who don't understand.
Who, like me, have found their "love" thrown back at them like so many pebbles - each driving the ache deeper. For those, like me, who find that only annoyance awaits where adoration once was. Really? Who's voice is that? Really just for me, who can't exactly call him a liar but can safely say nothing was real. For me who has to get past the cold, awkward kisses of post lovers at midday and accept what is. This is done.

What can I say to myself late at night when improbability keeps me hopeful and emptiness eats me up? Why, now, does it feel so incomprehensible to long for the person who once was fond of every inch of my body?

Pieces of things slip through my fingers like sand – I can’t tell one fragment from another. I couldn’t be bothered to try to contain them all anymore – the thing has lost its shape and all cohesiveness. There’s nothing between us and I guess that’s ok.
It is without malice that I can say that I wish I never met you.


Also, if you’re in Trinidad, come check out Softbox Studios’ Christmas Exhibition and Open House. I’m honoured to be in there with Che Lovelace, Gavin Pierre, Jackie Hinkson and a few others .
Thursday 16th December 2010
6:30 – 9:00pm
Soft Box Studios Gallery
9 Alcazar St. St. Clair

Staying lovely and trying to keep my heart clean,
Keep good,



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

pure awesome. it's amazing that some people believe that you can't be good at creating images and sentences simultaneously. this is contrary to all of that. i repeat. you are contrary to All of That. and above it. hey now!

Misnomer said...

Hi! I've been looking for you for awhile! I came across your pics in the summer but I didnt know who did them, and I just found out who you were. Anyway, its great to find you and its even better to find out that you too are form the Caribbean. I'm from Barbados and I'm all for supporting West Indian blogs. Now following you. Please follow back my blog! :))))
--The Misnomer
p.s. Love your blog and the pics are WOW!!

chroniclesofamisnomer.blogspot.com

ChinChin said...

You're beautiful Bri, still talented as ever. God's love is undying, cling to that and you'll get by. And please write a book, the way you put words together is enchanting.

J. said...

i agree with chinchin. every word you placed together were too familiar to me in such an enchanting way. also, she is right. God's everlasting love is what we need to cling to - it's more faithful that the love of this world. the love of this world is fleeting. it is ephemeral. our hope will be diminished each time we cling to the love of this world because it can't be faithful. the joy of the Lord is our strength, push on. you're beautiful.

magdaayuk said...

I too agree with ChinChin, you are amazing with words. And although it comes from a place of hurt, your piece was beautiful.You are strong, talented, loved and simply amazing. Congrats on the exhibition!

Unknown said...

Jasmine you said very well! Amazing "It is without malice that I can say that I wish I never met you."

My favorite line.