tabs

Sunday 27 February 2011

Today, by myself

"Late, by myself, in the boat of myself,
no light and no land anywhere,
cloudcover thick. I try to stay
just above the surface,
yet I’m already under
and living with the ocean."
-Rumi



I’m not sure whether the place to be is in that ocean, living, or surfaced. Maybe the process of surfacing is the essential moment…that place where it all makes sense. I’m pushing from a deep place…kicking to break through.

I sketched these four ladies this afternoon.
I felt like I was putting myself out of myself…not quite self portraits (I don't really look exactly as any of them do), as much of what I do isn’t quite that but is in the basic sense, but more like the places in which I found my mood and my mind. According to these faces, I had a good day.

I’m back online with blogging. Many thanks for the good vibes and lovely messages – sending the goodness back at you all. Always appreciated!

Little things are bringing joy; sleep overs, late night talking, early morning food runs, a haircut, being bought the perfect t-shirt and the most lovely paper (For now. They rel nice tho). Started a Tumblr…nothing fancy, just a space to appreciate all the Tumblr love that comes my way.

I made these bracelets; I bought many, many more beads than I needed for the bracelets I wanted to make myself (I’m an arm candy/bangle fanatic) so I made some more. I don’t know what I’m going to do with them yet – vibes a few of them!

Also, The Cloth “Things You Might Appreciate” Shop at Alice Yard is back. Come down and check it out.


"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing
There is a field. I'll meet you there." -Rumi

Keep good and good mornin'


No comments: